ExScan – Mani Pedi in New York
How is the experience of getting your nails and toes done at a salon?
I rated the Amsterdam salon I go to as a C – : while the manicure is ok, it’s expensive, you can only choose from about 7 nail colors and the seats are uncomfortable. Hygiene issues on the floor. And I don’t really feel like the understand my situation at all.
So when vacationing in New York, I did a comparative Experience Scan. Here’s how the NYC salon stacks up.
Does it work ? Grade A B C or F
Grade B : It worked as I wanted:
- I’m pampered & spoiled.
- lots of colors to choose from.
- great magazines to read.
- comfortable chair & massage.
- Hygiene: Looked clean, tools zapped.
- Good quality (lasted 10 days).
- Price was right : $65 including tip.
Does it understand me ? a “+” for ‘getting’ me, a “-” for not, or neither
A “+” : I felt they “got” me and my situation
- short on time, and no reservation and still took me
- didn’t have cash for tip, so said no problem
- no talking, just quiet time
Is there a “Wow” factor? a “+” for something so special you’d tell your friends, or not
But no WOW effect.